Monday 31 October 2011

Monday 31st Oct...

Busy weekend - one of the official photographers for the Great South Junior Runs/5k on Saturday and for the main event yesterday. Another 14,000 frames closer to a new shutter - in fact the photographer next to me yesterday suddenly groaned as his shutter failed ! Fantastic to see many people running and raising thousands for charity and congratulations to Rob Piggott of Believe & Achieve who ran as Frankenstein !
Today I had my grandchildren which is always fun - Darcie for a couple of hours and Theo all day so we took the opportunity to get some photos playing with the fallen leaves outside my place - unfortunately Theo fell out of the tree I was photographing him in - only about a foot I hasten to add - and lost interest.........Ben10 on telly seemed a better bet after that.

Click to enlarge: Lifestyle photo shoots Portsmouth

I used a 300mm lens on my Nikon D700 set at f4 to compress the background and used off camera flash controlled by my set of Pocketwizards - Theo was a bit perplexed as to how the flash fired when I was about 50 yards away !  I like the look it gives.
I'm doing more and more of these outdoor shoots now - they are natural, fun (for me and the subject !) and don't take too long - 30 mins tops and it's £45 for one 12x8" and two 8x6" prints although I'm having to increase the price in the New Year.

No comments:

 Nice new bathroom - thanks Darren Wise, you did a great job....